Tuesday, November 23, 2010

SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR

Global Rich List is an informative site that allows you to input your income and compare yourself to THE WORLD.  Think you are middle class?  Guess again!  What a sobering reality, when we step outside of this country and compare ourselves to the WHOLE WORLD. 

We have been blessed with SO much!  God has literally filled up our cups until they are overflowing.  I pray that this Thanksgiving you will not only take time to be thankful for the many blessings God has given you, but also take a look around and ask Him what He would like you to do with it.  I've seen it put this way: 

"Choosing to live simply, so others can simply live!"

Please do not think I am claiming to be some expert at this, because I have far from "GOT" this one.  We are however, making an effort as a family to look at our lifestyle through the eyes of a 5 year old ORPHAN girl.  Would she be horrified at the amount of food we throw away?  Just how excessive does a walk-in closet seem?  I could go on and on....

Great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities!  
Luke 12:48 (The Message)

God may not be leading you to adopt an orphan, but there is a way to help a child stay with their family and receive an education.  You can sponsor a child through World Vision and your monthly gift could keep that child from becoming an orphan due to poverty.

Today I received the final notarized copies of our home study and within a couple hours I had my application to adopt our daughter on it's way to USCIS (immigration).  I will be celebrating this Thanksgiving!  We are one step closer to our little girl!  We have SO much to be thankful for!

Happy Thanksgiving!





2 comments:

  1. By chance are you related to Tina Kuykendall here in Ormond Beach, FL? I know they moved here a couple of years ago from Texas.

    Blessings,
    Stacy
    www.journeytojacksonkuan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Stacy, I don't actually know any of the Kuykendalls past my husbands immediate family. It is funny, though, that everybody seems to know one kuykendall and when they meet another...they want to match us up. It happens all the time :)

    ReplyDelete