Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crazy Love

I read the book "Crazy Love" by Franacis Chan; it is a great book.  Really makes you stop and think, but that is not what I am talking about...exactly.

I had a hard day yesterday.  I've been expecting my final home study any day, so I became obsessed with checking my email.   I was frustrated every time my phone dinged to indicate a new email and it was NOT my home study.  It was, however, multiple emails from other adoptive moms whose hearts were heavy yesterday as well.  You see, this adoption thing is a long process (yes we know that when we sign up for it) and it gets very hard to wait for each step that brings you one step closer to your child.  Then God used another mom to deliver the most wonderful email we could have all received yesterday.  No it wasn't the one we were each waiting for, but it was the one we needed.

She started by sharing our pain; they are also waiting and understand exactly how it feels.  Then she added a BUT....
"I know my redeemer lives! Through all this waiting and hurting I pray that we will all know that in a deeper and more real way.  Doesn't the pain of waiting attest to His faithfulness?  He cares for the widows and the orphans in their distress!  We are being used by Him right now to care for our children.  Thank God for the miracle of adoption!  Is it not CRAZY that we are so deeply longing to LOVE, hold and call our own children that we haven't even met yet (or even know of)?!  Only God can do that!  Take heart; we are not alone.  He is working and will fight for our children!"

WOW! I needed that yesterday.  I have to be patient and wait on God in this process, but it is okay to feel a little CRAZY LOVE for a daughter I haven't even met yet.  God is doing that! WOW!

Father of orphans, champion of widows, is God in his holy house.
God makes homes for the homeless and leads prisoners to freedom...       Psalm 68:5 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Traci...I read this book too...it was truly an amazing book. Loved it and it really has changed how I think. Glad you have read it too :o) xo

    ReplyDelete