Friday, October 8, 2010

A NEW HALLELUJAH

Hallelujah! This week I had a birthday and God blessed me with a very special evening.

Let me start at the beginning:
One morning I was listening to our local christian radio station and they were raising money for Bibles to be sent to Russia and Ukraine. I felt that tug at my heart in large part because of the things we have learned about the people and orphanages there through our adoption process. I felt God leading me to give a certain amount, but I couldn't help thinking this would come out of our adoption fund. God did not let up, so when I got to work I called and made the donation. A week later, the station called to let me know that because of "my" donation I was invited to a special dinner event with Michael W Smith...the evening of my Birthday! HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!?!? We had a wonderful evening and Michael W Smith sang Happy Birthday to me!

His song "A New Hallelujah" now has a special place in my heart. He sings this song with the African Children's Choir! It is a call for the church to rise and sing a new song.

Also this week, Michela (13 year old daughter) bought a new Switchfoot CD that we listened to together in the car. As we listened, we found ourselves focused on the words and silently glancing back and forth at each other. Michela broke the silence when she said "Mom, everything IS NEW. We've heard these songs on the radio a million times, but now they have a whole new meaning."

God is singing a NEW SONG into the hearts of my family and everything IS NEW! HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment