Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

 

Our family has never really celebrated Valentine's Day.  I don't know why exactly, but I think we saw it more as a holiday for dating couples.  This year we have decided to go all out on Valentine's Day; make it a day to fully express our love to our girls.

We have all learned so much about love this year and God has broken down many of our old barriers. Love has a new and deeper meaning for us.  Our joy in this day starts by sharing with our girls that we can only feel and share our love because God first loved us. He brought Michael and I together in love (a long time ago) and out of that love came ALL three of our girls.

I am personally having one of my best Valentine's Days ever.  Giving and receiving love can be a little challenging for adopted children, but on Valentine's Day....well, the whole country is showing love.  My girl has been so sweet the past few days as she has looked forward to today.  There have been many hugs and kisses and the "I love you"s have flowed freely.  We received a valentine thanking us for being her mom and dad.  This morning I even heard that I was the greatest mom ever.  (that one comes with a mix of joy and pain as many things in the adoption life do)  I am looking forward to a full day of little gifts and gestures of love.

May God bless you on this day of love.  Let His love show in you and through you to your family and others that He places in your path today.

1 comment: