Sunday, March 27, 2011

SO EXCITED!!!!

We are getting so close to our trip to Ethiopia to meet our daughter!  I am so excited that I'm not sleeping well at night; I can't get organized; and it is getting hard to think about anything else.  Some days I can't stop smiling and others...I can't stop crying.  I'm an emotional mess!  It is a lot like being pregnant.

Last night I heard the words I so desperately needed to hear from our mothers who will be taking care of Amelia while we are gone: "Don't worry.  We will take care of anything that comes up."  THIS also made me cry.   I don't know how to explain the concept of going half way around the world to be with one child while leaving another AND knowing that you have to leave the one to return to the other.  Lord help me.

Our stuff that we are packing/preparing to pack has spread from its corner out into several places in the house.  We have two 40lb Rubbermaid tubs of donations (thanks to another adoptive mom's collection), an additional 18lbs of wipes, a bag full of cloth diapers and homemade covers (thanks to another adoptive mom), two light weight but cumbersome Bumbo seats (thanks to my mom and dear friend), a bag full of toothbrushes and toothpaste (thanks to local dentists), four care packages to take over for other families (I am so excited to return this wonderful blessing), toys for the kids, clothes for the kids, stuff for our girl, two large canvases we plan to paint with the kids,  seventy-five silk flower hair clips (we made with friends), and a few items for us while we are there.

Please be in prayer that MOWYCA will have our letter at the court and we will have the great pleasure of hearing the judge say "She is yours....forever."  If this happens while we are there, I will then be able to share her beautiful picture and her beautiful name with all of you.  Thank you so much for joining us on this amazing journey.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have chill bumps all over reading this Traci! I'm SO excited for you guys. Your family is so beautiful already & it's just going to GLOW when you get your new daughter home with you guys! We can not WAIT to meet her!! God's speed & may peace be with you on this trip. We love you guys!!! Bill & Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am stalking you!!! Praying for your court date. CANNOT wait to hear that you have passed! LOVE hearing all the things you took ... and it overwhelms me too. OH NO ... I have a LOT to think about as we forward think that day to be. Enjoy every moment and I will pray for your Momma's heart - on both ends!

    ReplyDelete