Friday, March 11, 2011

Do you trust me?

Oh somebody please tell me that this "complete trust thing" is hard for you too.  Yes, I know my last post was about God asking me to completely trust Him and apparently we are still working on that.

There are some changes taking place in the Ethiopian adoption process that are likely to make it take longer to get our little girl home.  There is a meeting in Ethiopia Monday the 14th, which is our Sunday night, to discuss the process.  Please be in prayer that God's desire for His children would prevail.

So out of what seemed like a disaster when the change was first announced: God has achieved world attention for the Ethiopian orphan, brought families all over this country to their knees to pray together every night, and is still working to bring about change that will bring glory to Him.  Personally, I felt a call to fast my dinners this week and pray at night with an empty stomach.  God used this to remind me that this feeling of going to bed hungry is part of the problem in Ethiopia and my heart was broken for families that give up their children because they cannot feed them.

Sometimes God allows circumstances to come about that will draw us closer to Him, circumstances that teach us to trust Him in ALL things!  For the past couple of weeks I have been drawn to a song by Flyleaf.  This is a miracle in itself.  This band is alternative Christian.  The first time I heard them was live; I couldn't understand a word and I was not impressed by all the eyeliner that the male guitar player wore.  The song is called Again and the part I could listen to over and over is:

You don't have to understand;
You be still.
Wait and know I understand;
You be still.
Be still! 

It all comes back to trust.  Do I trust Him to take care of my daughter?  Are you kidding?  He is the only constant in her life.  The real question is why is He trusting me with His daughter?

1 comment:

  1. Three simple words for you...YOU ARE AMAZING!! I love it that I get to be a little part of this amazing journey you're on. Praying and knowing that all will be just as he had planned. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete