Thursday, January 6, 2011

Merry Ethiopian Christmas to Us!!!

I've been checking the mail every day for a week: hoping, waiting, eagerly anticipating our I-171H.  Today....it came!  So here it is:



The return address is the Department of Homeland Security and the only place it says I-171H is down in the bottom right hand corner.  The rest of the form does, however, say that we are approved for one female child between 4 and 7 years old!!!!!!

We have already made copies and sent or dossier to America World.  They will receive it tomorrow, check it over and FedEx it to Ethiopia next Friday!  I told Michael that I felt like I was handing my child over to the people at FedEx.  It was more of a mix of emotion than I expected.  This has definitely been a labor of love.  I know God will never take His hands off of it as it makes it's way to Ethiopia and ultimately leads to the match of our Little Girl.

Right now, as I type this, it is almost 3:00 AM in Addis Ababa.  When our Little Girl wakes up it will be Christmas or Ganna.  Gift giving is a very small part of the celebration in Ethiopia, but tomorrow the children in the orphanages and transition homes related to AWAA will each receive a small gift from the families that are there now for court.  LG could be one of these children.

Tomorrow I will go to work and have a "normal" day, but my heart will celebrate the birth of Christ with my daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Woo-hoo! Happy dance! I'm celebrating with you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete