Sunday, January 30, 2011

MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN!

A couple of posts back, I mentioned the "dry spell" and how it was starting to sprinkle.  Well... it seems the flood gates have opened and we have been swept up in it!!!  We have our referral for our LG and for now we are calling her HOPE.

Thursday morning I decided to listen to a new song by Matthew West, "One Less".  I had been avoiding this song thinking it would make me cry (I do plenty of that on my own), but it is a celebration song of a girl and her mom brought together through adoption.  That afternoon as I left work to pick up Amelia from school, my phone started to *ding* like a slot-machine.  I have my phone set to *ding* when I receive emails.  I began to laugh and cry and laugh more at my tears of joy.  You see... there is only activity like that on my phone when children are being matched to their forever families.  When I got to the school, I checked my email and sure enough there were two more referrals added to the two the day before (as well as ALL the congratulation emails), but there was another that made me hold my breath and feel my heart pounding in my chest...

There was an addition to the Waiting Child List; a beautiful little girl. Could this be our daughter? She was in our age range, but at the top end.  I called America World to see if they could give me more information, but they were closed due to SNOW.  It was 70 deg here HaHa!  I would have to wait until Friday.  I received an email Friday morning that my family coordinator was in a meeting most of the day, but she was sending our paperwork up the chain.  At 2:00 Friday afternoon I received the call.  WE WERE A MATCH!!!

God has been so good to have placed things in my heart about our LG that He knew I would need.  The things He impressed upon me about her during this process were right there in her chart.  HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!?!?  I have NO doubts, NO concerns, NO questions...THIS is our LG.  Oh ya, that brings me to HOPE.  This is not her name; it is the name AW used to place her on the WCL.  Her name is beautiful and I cannot wait to share it with you when we pass court.  We plan to use HOPE as her middle name.  It represents the HOPE both families had that this match would come.

So now...you guessed it...we wait, but this time we have the face and name of our beautiful daughter to stare at and pray for while we wait.  GLORY to GOD!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had shivers going up and down my spine while reading this! I'm SO EXCITED for you, your family, and HOPE!Here's praying for a QUICK court date!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete