Tuesday, May 10, 2011

STILL WAITING

I should be a professional "waiter" when this adoption is complete.  There is waiting involved in every step of this process from day 1.  Today, I am still waiting.

When we passed court after a two week wait, we were told we should be submitted to the Embassy on the 11th.  I have waited until today pretty well.  Tomorrow is the 11th and I don't know if we will be submitted or not.  Waiting doesn't seem quite as hard when you know how long you have to wait.  If we don't get submitted tomorrow, we will have to wait until the 18th and see if we get submitted then.  I just want to get back to Ethiopia and bring my daughter home. 

I've received reports from other families that Nazeret seems to be waiting well.  She is excited when visitors bring things from us and tell her how much we love her.  She has even shared (with another mom) something special that she would like her mommy to bring when she comes for her.  Yes, I think she is waiting better than I am.

God has really been speaking a theme to my heart over the past week.  You see, this adoption process feels a lot like a race to the "end".  Of course in some ways it is....in the "end" you get to bring your child home....but there it is: "The end is really just the beginning."  So I'm not looking forward to the end, I'm looking forward to the beginning.

I'm hoping and praying that tomorrow brings us one step closer to our beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment