Monday, April 18, 2011

ONE DAY......

Last Friday was our second court date and we received an email that basically said "not today, maybe tomorrow".  Today we received a phone call that said "not today, maybe tomorrow".

So I've been thinking a lot about passover, Jesus' last week, our redemption, our adoption and how ONE DAY HE WILL RETURN FOR US!

You see God has used this adoption journey to reveal so much about MY adoption.  I was broken when He payed the ultimate price, His life, to redeem me.  He never gives up on me!  God made me a joint heir with Jesus  (Seriously? ME? Joint heir with Jesus?) through adoption.

I love our daughter so much that I am willing to fight for her, if it comes to that.  I would NEVER give up on her.  How much more does he love me?  He died for me!

Jesus' last week in this life was hard, but He stayed focused.  He "finished well".  There are times that I just want to have a BIG ol' pity party.  Nobody deserved a pity party more that Jesus, but He didn't waste His time or energy with that.  He stayed focused on the Father and His plan.

On our first trip to Ethiopia, we spent our time showing our daughter how much we love her.  When we had to leave, she understood that we were going to prepare a place for her and we would be back to bring her home.  Sound familiar?  I worry that if too much time passes she will wonder if we ARE coming back for her.  Do I ever wonder if Jesus IS coming back for me?  Will He take me home to a place He has prepared for me?  I know He will.  I don't know when and there are days that I wish it was NOW, but I really don't question that He WILL return.  I don't think she does either.  She knows we will be back for her.  She would like it to be today, but she does know that we will return.

ONE DAY HE'S COMING! OH GLORIOUS DAY!

2 comments: